This exciting program incorporates presentations from scientists, clinicians, health practitioners and international experts in otitis media and hearing loss. The program will be discussing:
- Otitis media burden globally, including complications, social and educational disadvantage with a special emphasis on Indigenous communities
- New and exciting treatment innovations for the prevention and treatment of otitis media and hearing loss
- Impact and implications of the microbiological communities in pathogenesis, prevention and treatment
- How immune function relates to the otitis prone condition and how it may be manipulated to ensure better clinical outcomes
- Prevention and treatment of otitis media, hearing loss and communication problems at the grass roots level by nursing and community practitioners
- The value and possibilities for alternative and complementary prevention and treatment options
- New innovative surgical and treatment options
At the end of the collaborative meeting we will be able to:
- Develop guidelines for improving global funding and collaboration for further research on otitis media
- Develop an action plan for the prevention of otitis media, hearing loss and the associated education, employment and socioeconomic disadvantage in Indigenous communities
To view this exciting program, click the button below.
Please click here to view the Poster Listing.
Posters can be viewed from 12:30 – 14:00 Monday to Wednesday.